Technical Support Specialist
Location: Puidoux, Switzerland
Work Shift: Full time, office hours
Merging Technologies is looking for someone to join its Puidoux-based team! Our support department is looking for a new member to work under the support management direction in order to help our global user-base with operational and technical support issues.
Merging Technologies products are used by some of the world’s most respected studios, broadcasters and events companies around the world and this position would give you (as the successful candidate) the opportunity to work closely with them, helping them get back to work and find their way through the issues they may face.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. College education and/or technical school background preferred, but experience may be used in lieu of educational history.
- Fluency in English and French is a must, other languages are an advantage
- Excellent problem solving & communications skills with an ability to work alone or in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to short timescales with calmness and composure
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft applications, networking and audio technology
- Industry related workflow and equipment (pro-audio & video) knowledge would be an advantage
- Pyramix DAW experience and product knowledge of the Merging line of product is a great advantage, as well as knowledge of other DAW such as: Pro Tools, Nuendo, Sequoia, Cubase or Logic.
You will have challenging situations, the best studios expect the best service, you will always be required to be giving 100%. When one of Germany’s most prolific orchestral recording studios has stopped working because part of the Merging-built system is experiencing problems… it is you that will be the one they call on to lend a hand!
But the rewards will become obvious. This is an incredible growth opportunity where you will not only develop your audio engineering skills and workflow knowledge, but also your problem solving skills, interpersonal management and industry networking.
- Provide Technical Support to Merging’s customer through different channels: Phone line, Email, Web and Physical presence.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and coordinate solutions
- Professionally document technical support issues and solutions in a knowledge database
- Assume remote control over customers' computers when necessary to resolve problems
- Participate in team meetings
You are first and foremost a well-thought, and organized soul who has an ultimate determination to find the answer to any problem. The desire to help is also a primary characteristic of our new support staff member, solving customers problems will bring them reassurance.
Lastly but also most importantly, you have an immense desire to learn. You will want to learn more about things you already know about, and learning about topics you knew nothing about previously without having to be asked. You will ask 1000’s of questions but will also be the person who knows how to find information on their own.
You don’t need to be an industry veteran. You might just be out of an audio engineering university, or might have only been in the industry for a few years. This experience is something you can develop with us, but the characteristics above are what you need to start in this position at Merging Technologies
- Help customers troubleshoot the issues they encounter while using Merging’s software or hardware and provide actionable tips to resolve the problem
- Raise information, bug and feature requests to the Product Manager or Development team
- Maintain a Support Database
- The candidate will have supervision, but should be able to work independently
What We Offer
Merging offers an exciting job with great professional challenges and the opportunity for you to influence your own progression. We emphasize an informal and good work environment where you will have the opportunity to gain influence, make your voice heard and be part of our innovations.
Probably the most visible benefit will come from working alongside one of the most amazing support and QA (Quality Assurance) teams in the audio industry. Our users know they can rely on our existing support staff and they will be your source of information and mentoring as you start to work with them. And, if chosen for the position, you will become the next one of this select group.
- Training on Merging Technology systems (software and hardware)
- Unique small team spirit
- Great work environment without politics or wasteful meetings
- Knowledge on the latest groundbreaking audio technology
Merging Technologies SA is a Swiss manufacturer with over 25 years of experience in developing ground-breaking, professional Audio and Video products for a wide range of entertainment and media industries. With a dedicated user base in the elite end of the music, film, television, mastering and performances industries, Merging is committed to developing product ranges with unrivalled quality and flexibility, no matter what the application. Merging builds tools for people who want more from their systems, have an inherent need to push boundaries, and believe that quality always comes first, every time.
Contact us with your curriculum vitae and your motivation letter.